SQL Server 7.
The first thing we're going to look at is the ActiveX Script task.
Figure 1.1 SQL Server 7 ActiveX Task.
Points of Interest
1. Description. Give the task a description.
2. Add Global variables checkbox. Lets us/or disallows us from using Global Variables in our script.
3. Language. DTS allows you to use different programming languages in your script and you choose the one you want from here.
4. Entry Function. When this task starts which function should it start with. The default is Main.
5. Script. The large pane in the middle of the screen where all the work is done.
6. Auto Gen. Will autogenerate a script for you. Not used here but it is in the Data Pump and the Data Driven Query tasks.
7. Browse. Locate a prebuilt script to load into the task.
8. Parse. Is the script syntactically correct.
9. Functions. These are funtions that you can use in your script specific to the programming language you chose.